|What it’s good for||Strengthens the inner-thigh muscles. This makes it easier for you to keep your knees properly lined up when you are sitting, standing or moving around. Also helps to keep your pelvic floor muscles working properly (see also pelvic floor conditioning).|
|How often to do it||Daily|
|Equipment you’ll need||Kitchen chair, preferably without arms
Medium-sized ball (between tennis and football size), large rolled-up towel or firmly padded cushions
- Sit tall at the front of the chair, with feet, knees and hips lined up, hip-width apart
- Place the ball /towel /cushions between your knees
- Place your hands at the sides of the chair, holding lightly to support your back
- Squeeze your knees together firmly for a count of 5, breathing throughout
- Release, rest for a moment and repeat.
Do 8 squeezes in one go. Then rest for a few minutes and do another 8.